The Bee's Knees is a simple yet elegant cocktail with a perfect balance of sweetness from the honey and tartness from the lemon, all complemented by the botanicals of the gin. It's a classic that's easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser.
Picture this: the roaring twenties, jazz tunes in the air, and a speakeasy buzzing with energy. Enter the Bee's Knees cocktail, a creation born during the Prohibition era when folks got creative with their drinks. The term "Bee's Knees," slang for the absolute best, perfectly describes this delightful concoction. It's the cat's pajamas, the real McCoy – a sip of pure 1920s excellence!
- 60 ml (2 oz) gin
- 22.5 ml (0.75 oz) honey syrup (equal parts honey and hot water, dissolved)
- 22.5 ml (0.75 oz) fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Lemon twist for garnish
- In a shaker, combine the gin, honey syrup, and fresh lemon juice.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake the mixture vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to chill the ingredients.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon peel.
- Serve and enjoy!
We recommend using your very own homemade gin to make the home cocktail making experience even more enjoyable. Get Your Gin Making Kit Here.