Whether you call it a Blueberry Sage Gin Smash or a Blue Sage Gin Fizz this is a great cocktail to add to your repertoire.
The Blueberry Sage Gin Smash is a modern and creative gin cocktail, and while it doesn't have a long history like some classic cocktails it packs a punch of freshness. It likely emerged in recent years as part of the ongoing cocktail renaissance and the trend of mixologists and home bartenders experimenting with fresh and unique flavor combinations.
The key elements of this cocktail are the use of fresh blueberries and sage leaves, which are both ingredients that have become increasingly popular in modern mixology.
Blueberries contribute a sweet and slightly tart berry flavor, while sage adds an herbal and earthy note to the drink.
We all know that blueberries are packed with antioxidants, particularly anthocyanins so that's another reason to try this cocktail.
- 60 ml (2 oz) gin
- 50 gr (2 oz) fresh blueberries
- 4-6 fresh sage leaves
- 30 ml (1 oz) fresh lemon juice
- 15 ml (0.5 oz) simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water, dissolved)
- Ice cubes
- Soda water (club soda)
- Blueberries and sage leaves for garnish
- Lemon wheel for garnish (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the fresh blueberries and sage leaves.
- Add the gin, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup to the shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake the mixture vigorously for about 10-15 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Top off the glass with soda water to your desired level, usually around 60-90 ml (2-3 oz).
- Give it a gentle stir to combine.
- Garnish with a few blueberries, a sage leaf, and a lemon wheel if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
We recommend using your very own homemade gin to make the home cocktail making experience even more enjoyable. Get Your Gin Making Kit Here.